In 2014, I was privileged to be elected to my third term as Councillor in Prince George.
I first came to Prince George in 1996, planning to stay for two years to get my Masters’ degree at UNBC. After getting the degree in International Studies, I didn’t want to leave. I met my wife Sue, we started our family, bought a house, and spent ten years building an award-winning technology company.
After ten years in business, I accepted a new position building links between the University of Northern BC and the business community. By then, my volunteer time in the business community had led to 5 years on the Chamber of Commerce, including as its President. I also served 6 years appointed to the Province of BC Small Business Roundtable. I now teach entrepreneurship and economics at the College of New Caledonia
- Chair, Finance and Audit Committee for the City of Prince George
- 2nd Vice-President, Federation of Canadian Municipalities
- Founder and member of International Students’ Welcoming Committee
- Regional District Alternate Director
Past Volunteer Work
- Board Member, Decentralized Energy Association of Canada
- Board Member, Northern Interior Mining Group
- Games Time Information Technology Second-in-Command, Canada Winter Games volunteer
- Past Chair, Prince George Society for the Employment of Persons with Disabilities.
- Past Board Member, Immigrant and Multicultural Services Society
- Past Board Member, Innovation Resource Centre